CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Give a Mother a heart attack

The other night I went to check on the boys in bed right before I went to bed. This is something I do every night, but this particular night almost gave me a heart attack. I went into Hunter's room expecting to find my peaceful sleeping baby, but this is what I found instead.........

Nothing!!!

My heart began to beat so fast and I couldn't catch my breath as I stared at the empty crib. Where was my beautiful sleeping baby that I had personally laid there over 2 hours ago??

Just then my Mother's instinct said look under the crib and low and behold there was my peacefully sleeping baby!

We had to get some pictures before we moved him back.

12 comments:

Miss K said...

Griffin did the same thing when he was little..it is so cute..but very scary!! Can't wait to see ya guys soon!

Shalece said...

No way I would have freaked out. You could have searched for hours and never looked under there! Good thing you thought to look under the crib! I think he needs a big kid bed! haha

Starla said...

Good thing you are in tune with the spirit?!

Do you know what that means? It is time for a big boy bed! And do you know what THAT means???? I think you do.

Heidi said...

Thats so funny! I am waiting for that day. My mom said to expect it soon!

Stina said...

I'm glad mother's instinct kicked in! I would have panicked too! Glad you found him right away!! Did you know before that he could climb out?

Heather said...

oh my gosh! i dont think i ever woulda thought to look UNDER the crib. seems like that would scare the kid to crawl under there. so cute though! little peoples minds.

Caroline Haring said...

Guess he wanted to sleep in a secret fort. It is kinda a cool hang out. Glad it didn't take you long to find him and that he was safe and sound. My heart would have been in my stomach if I was in your spot!

Emily said...

That would have been awful! I am glad that he was found safe and sound!

Emily said...

Big boy bed time!!! That is hysterical...I totally would of freaked not seeing my kids in their beds as I check on them all hours of the night. Oh the memories to share...

Grammy Staffy said...

Oh my goodness....that would be so scary!!! I'm glad that you found him before you called the police or had a heart attack.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Give the YM a hug from me.
Love,LUra

Sheryl said...

Nothing like when you go breathless while you figure what to do next. Your baby is getting to be a big boy mom, I'm with Starla....NEEEEXT!

jeanine said...

That is HILARIOUS!