CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

A Week of Firsts


Well, this week has been a week of firsts. Trevor had his first day in Sunbeams and Hunter had his first hair cut. Both made me cry. In fact I want to cry just thinking about them.

Trevor started Sunbeams on Sunday and was so excited. He has a January birthday so he is the oldest in his Sunbeam class and was definitely ready to move up, but I wasn't. He walked into Primary all by himself and turned and waved to Eric and I (who were looking in through the window) and then I started to cry. He is so cute and such a good boy I can't even begin to describe how much he amazes me and how much I adore him. Although I got emotional about this big first Trevor didn't miss a beat. We were the only parents that didn't have to come in and sit with our little sunbeam. He did fantastic!! However, I am way to young to have a baby in Primary.

Hunter is 17 months old and had his first hair cut today. I have dreaded this day for a very long time. I procrastinated cutting his beautiful blond hair because it started to curl up at the bottom and was just so cute. I have been ignoring the "she's so cute" comments for a while because I really loved his hair, even thought Eric could not stand those comments. However, the other day his hair was in his eyes and as I swept it to the side I thought, "If I could just clip it to the side" and that is when I knew it was time. So, today I felt sick to my stomach as Hunter had his first, but in the end it turned out OK. He got a trim, Eric got a son, and I still have my beautiful blond boy. Although there were some tears.

14 comments:

Emily said...

You cute his hair! I am so sad. He didn't look like a girl to me, he is so built like a boy! He is still adorable though.

jeanine said...

William started Sunbeams too! I can't believe we have kids this old! And as for haircuts... James could use a trim but I love his little curls too... what's a mom to do?

Shannon said...

What a week for you. It's funny how we all hold on to the little things like little curls and nursery time. How the heck are we supposed to deal with the driving and dating and missions and leaving us for some girl they are in love with (smile). Baby steps I guess...like hair cuts and sunbeams.

Greg and Sariah said...

Oh what a hard week for you. Camden went to senior nursery and didn't cry. I was hurt...it was like...don't you need me anymore? Oh they grow up too fast!!!

Shalece said...

OH no! I am sad too.. Hunter's hair..gone... sniffle.. :) Oh well he is still adorable. Tyson went into Sunbeams also and I too was thinking.. I am not old enough to have a little boy in Primary. Time flies!!

Stina said...

How cute for both of them. I know Sunbeams is such a shock to the system! And now--I also have a CTR5. I'm definitely too young to have three kids. :) And, I love how you discovered it was time for a haircut. Although, I think a little clip could have been tough and manly. Maybe there's a Spiderman one out there somewhere?

Heidi said...

You are too cute Jaime! and just think what it will be like when he has his 1st day of Kindergarten! I know i will be a wreck when that day comes for Jackson!

I want to see an after picture of Hunter's hair!

Starla said...

His little locks have been cut. :( And Trevor- such an adult now. Pretty soon there will be little kids running around calling you grandma...

Emily said...

How cute! They are growing up! Your such a cute Mom!

Jenn said...

Way to go to Trevor for going into Primary all by himself, we will love having him in Primary! I can't believe you cut Hunters curls, they were so cute!! But they will grow back I am sure.

Jaime said...

Thanks girls for all your support in this new stuff. It is nice to know that alot of you are in this very stage as well. However, I refuse to grow up so my boys should not be allowed to grow up either. YOu think they will comply??

Shannon said...

No...but I thought of you today. I cut Coopers hair for the first time this morning. Now that it's done I wonder why I waited so long.

Emily said...

Hi! Its Emily, I just want you let you know I renamed my blog, for security purposes, it is http://starringemily.blogspot.com/

Kellie Karasko said...

That is the funniest story JaimeLynn! He would've looked so cute with a little barrett clipped to the side!